Answers to all your questions about JUVÉDERM® and the treatment process
The JUVÉDERM® range of products is designed to treat different areas of the face – treating deep lines/folds, restoring facial volume for a lifting effect, or reshaping and redefining – depending on the results you want to achieve.
JUVÉDERM®’s unique VYCROSS® technology, found in the VYCROSS® collection, is designed to integrate with tissue and add volume, restore contours, plus smooth out lines and wrinkles.
Your healthcare practitioner may suggest several treatments from the JUVÉDERM® range of products to create a tailored treatment plan for you.
Our patented technology allows JUVÉDERM® facial fillers to blend with tissue under the skin to keep you looking like you, whether you’re smiling, laughing, or frowning.
During consultation, your healthcare practitioner will look at your face while it’s still (static), and moving (dynamic), to make sure they’re able to give you a result you’ll be happy with.
96% of patients reported being ‘delighted’ or ‘happy’ immediately after treatment with Juvéderm® VOLUMA® with lidocaine, part of the JUVÉDERM® range of products.
90% of patients expressed satisfaction with their JUVÉDERM® treatment, as reported in clinical studies, and suggesting high patient satisfaction.
Your healthcare practitioner will work with you to create a customized treatment plan based on your own unique aesthetic goals, and advise you on recommended treatment options and their costs.
Learn more and enroll in BRILLIANT DISTINCTIONS® today to join over 6 million other members who are saving on their treatments.
JUVÉDERM® facial fillers include the anaesthetic lidocaine, which can help reduce any discomfort you may feel during treatment.
• You are currently taking immunosuppressive therapy or medications that prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or anti-coagulants, as with any injection, you may experience prolonged bleeding. You should inform your doctor about any medications you are currently taking
• You have recently had other skin surface treatments (such as laser treatment, skin peels, or dermabrasion) or have previously used fillers
• You have skin infections or inflammation such as acne or cold sores
• You scar frequently
• You have a history of autoimmune disease or deficiency, recurrent sore throats, rheumatic fever, or porphyria
• You have untreated epilepsy
• You have allergies to hyaluronic acid, other filler products, gram positive bacterial proteins, lidocaine or other local anaesthetics, severe allergies with a history of anaphylaxis, or multiple severe allergies
• You are pregnant or breastfeeding, or you are under the age of 18 years (under the age of 21 years if treating the lips), as the safety of JUVÉDERM® products has not been established
JUVÉDERM® filler treatments are also temporary, so you will need retreatment to maintain your results. If you decide not to have any more treatment, it will naturally be absorbed into your body, and the effects will fade away in 9–24 months, depending on the treatment chosen.
Injection site responses across the collection are mostly mild-to-moderate in severity.These reactions may occur immediately, or may be delayed, and can last for up to a week. Injection in the lip may cause more swelling and bruising due to the unique physiology of this area. As with any injection, there is a small risk of infection. This is not a complete list of side effects. If inflammatory reactions persist for more than one week, or if any other side effects develop, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
70 million syringes usedPlease see the Safety Information below and the Boxed Warning and Medication Guide, and talk to your specialist.
JUVÉDERM® Safety information:
JUVÉDERM® is a family of injectable implant products intended to smooth lines and wrinkles, enhance lips, treat perioral lines and oral commissures and restore lost volume to the cheeks and jawline.
Your physician will ask about your medical history to determine if JUVÉDERM® products are appropriate for you. Tell your practitioner if you have:
• Severe allergies with a history of anaphylaxis, multiple severe allergies, allergies to hyaluronic acid or other filler products, or allergies to lidocaine or other local anaesthetics.
• A history of autoimmune disease, recurrent sore throats, rheumatic fever, epilepsy, or porphyria.
The following are important treatment considerations for you to discuss with your practitioner before treatment in order to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications:
• You are currently taking medications which prolong bleeding, such as acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or anticoagulants, as with any injection, you may experience prolonged bleeding. You should inform your practitioner about any medications you are currently taking.
• You have recently had other skin surface treatments (such as laser treatment, skin peels or dermabrasion) or have previously used fillers.
• You have skin infections or inflammation such as acne or cold sores.
• You scar frequently.
• You are pregnant or breastfeeding, or you are under the age of 18 years (under the age of 21 years if treating the lips), as the safety of JUVÉDERM® products has not been established.
Potential side effects associated with JUVÉDERM® products include temporary injection-site reactions such as redness, swelling, itching, pain, firmness, bumps, bruising, and discolouration.
These reactions may occur immediately or may be delayed and may last for up to a week. Injections in the lips may cause more swelling and bruising due to the unique physiology of this area. As with any injection, there is a risk of infection. This is not a complete list of side effects. If inflammatory reactions persist for more than one week, or if any other side effects develop, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Facial filler treatments are temporary, so if you decide not to have any more, then any remaining hyaluronic acid will be naturally absorbed into your skin, and the effects will fade away.
To maintain your results, book follow-up treatments at 9–24 month intervals, depending on the product(s) you choose.
*Studies evaluating the duration of Juvéderm® VOLITE™ used Juvéderm® VOLITE™ B (without lidocaine).