ALLERGAN CANADA PRIVACY STATEMENTAllergan plc and its global affiliates (hereafter “Allergan”) collect Personal Data in order to serve you and communicate with you. This Privacy Statement explains how Allergan collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Data and answers specific questions that you may have regarding privacy and security.
This Privacy Statement applies to the operation of Canadian websites and other applications (including mobile applications), that directly link to this statement. Allergan’s global affiliates may have additional privacy statements which are specifically tailored to the laws in those countries. Those privacy statements are available when you click on "Privacy" in the footer of our affiliate websites.
1. CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES AND ELSEWHERE OUTSIDE OF CANADAThis site is owned and operated by Allergan in Canada, but the data you provide will be stored and processed in the United States and will be accessible to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries outside of Canada. The level of legal protection for Personal Data is not the same in all countries. However, we will take the security measures and will use and disclose your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your data in the course of our business operations.
You understand and agree that your Personal Data may be accessible to law enforcement and other authorities within these jurisdictions.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA ALLERGAN MAY COLLECTThis Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to "Personal Data." Personal Data is any information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with such Personal Data. Examples of types of Personal Data:
- Contact Data, such as your name, email address, mailing address, email address or phone numbers;
- Relationship Data, including information about products, treatments and health conditions that are of interest to you;
- Transaction Data, including purchases, inquiries, and information about how you use the Allergan websites and mobile applications;
- Financial Account Data, such as your credit card number or Social Identification number;
- Geo-location Data, as may be transmitted to us by your smart phone or other location-aware devices; and/or
- Job Applicant Data, such as your Contact Data, resume, previous work experience, education, transcript, driver’s license information, Social Identification number (if required) or national identification number and information relating to references.
3. HOW ALLERGAN COLLECTS PERSONAL DATAIn most cases, we collect Personal Data directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, using any interactive features or applications, sign up to receive a newsletter or a rebate, participating in a saving program, making a direct purchase, or applying for employment. We may collect additional data from third party data suppliers who enhance our files or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you like our pages or join our communities.
4. HOW ALLERGAN USES PERSONAL DATAAllergan may use your Personal Data for its business purposes, such as:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- To provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services, as permitted by applicable law;
- To administer promotional programs, such as sweepstakes, rewards, and rebate programs;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or programs (such as patient savings programs);
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Allergan, to develop our business relationship with you;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Data
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting, or to communicate product safety information to you; and/or
- For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting, and legal compliance
5. WHEN AND WHY PERSONAL DATA IS DISCLOSED BY ALLERGANAllergan does not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes. Allergan will share your Personal Data only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, we may share your Personal Data as follows:
- We may share your Personal Data with your consent or as you direct. For example, we may share data with your doctor as part of programs in which you agree to participate.
- We may share your Personal Data with our affiliated companies and product co-promotion partners, which may only use your Personal Data for the purposes listed herein
- We may share your Personal Data with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Data and only use your Personal Data in accordance with our instructions. For example, we may share your Personal Data with vendors who provide data processing or fulfillment services for us.
- We may also disclose your Personal Data where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to investigate legal issues, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- We may also disclose your Personal Data when requested under legal process or otherwise required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- Please note that we may also disclose data about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregate and statistical data about our customers. These reports do not contain any data that would enable the recipient to contact, locate, or identify you.
6. COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIESWhen you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain data by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store data or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Allergan uses Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects), Microsoft Silverlight and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience in compliance with Network Advertising Initiative standards. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation. Flash Cookies (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. For more information about how to manage Flash Cookies and/or Silverlight Cookies, you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of data from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect data about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect data about the website you were visiting before you came to Allergan and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the data we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Data. For example, we use data we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the data we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Data. This Privacy Statement governs how we use that all of this data when we associate it with your Personal Data.
Allergan has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Data in this process, and we do not give any Personal Data to them as part of this process. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the data collected by these vendors. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINSThis website uses social medial plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media websites to share data about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. Allergan does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
8. DO-NOT TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMSSome web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Websites linked to this Privacy Statement do not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
9. TELL-A-FRIEND FUNCTIONSAllergan offers “tell-a-friend” functionality on our websites. If you choose to use this function, we will collect Contact Data for your friend. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email with the information you specified or inviting him or her to visit the site. Allergan uses this data for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and does not retain the data.
10. YOUR CHOICESYou can always limit the data you provide to Allergan, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on our websites. You can also limit the communications that Allergan may send to you by following a simple opt-out process. Simply follow the instructions in our advertisement/promotional emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional data about your account or your purchase. For example, even if you opt-out of advertisement/promotional emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from our website as well as product safety communications.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “Help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
You can opt-out of being targeted by those third party advertising companies that are NAI members online at www.networkadvertising.org.
You can withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. Your withdrawal of consent will not operate retroactively and may impact your ability to access our services, offers, and content.
11. ACCESS AND CORRECTIONAllergan takes reasonable measures to maintain updated and accurate Personal Data and we respect your right to access and correct your Personal Data. You may request access to or update your Personal Data at any time by contacting us via email at IR-PRIVACY@allergan.com, or directly by logging into on your online account, should you have one. You can also write us at the address in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change(s) you would like to make.
12. DATA SECURITYAllergan has implemented a data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Data from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure.
13. DISCLOSURE TO SUBSEQUENT OWNER OR OPERATORIf all or part of Allergan is sold or merged into another entity, the data we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We will try to assure that no Personal Data that is transferred will be used or shared in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement without your consent. However, in the event of a sale or merger, your continued use of this site signifies your agreement to be bound by the privacy statement and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
14. CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES AND ELSEWHEREThis site is owned and operated by Allergan in Canada, but the data you provide will be accessible to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries. Furthermore, if you are visiting this site from another country, other than Canada, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of data across international boundaries. The level of legal protection for Personal Data is not the same in all countries. However, we will take the security measures described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your data secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the United States and in any country to which
we may transfer your data in the course of our business operations.
You understand and agree that your Personal Data may be accessible to law enforcement and other authorities within these jurisdictions.
15. PRIVACY STATEMENTS OF THIRD PARTIESThis Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of data by Allergan. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy statements and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy statements too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with data or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
16. CHILDREN’S PRIVACYThe Allergan website and applications are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowing collect any Personal Data of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us at IR-PRIVACY@allergan.com so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate data.
18. JOB APPLICANTSIf you have applied for employment with Allergan, the Personal Data submitted with your job application will be used to process and consider your job application. Allergan will not sell the data on your application to unaffiliated third-parties for their marketing purposes. We may share the data on your applications with recruiters, consultants, attorneys, background services and our affiliates. The data on your application may also be used for certain regulatory, compliance and legal purposes, consistent with this Privacy Statement.
To the extent the Personal Data you provide contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; membership in a trade union or political party; physical or mental health condition; sexual life; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; job evaluations or educational records, you expressly authorize Allergan to handle such details for the purposes of your job application and for the other purposes described herein.
By submitting data to us online, you are sending it to the United States, where it will be subject to the protections afforded under US laws that may be different from the laws in your country and which your country may consider not to provide adequate privacy protections. If you do not agree that your submission of your application data will be governed solely by United States law, Allergan will not accept your application.
19. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENTWe will only use Personal Data in the manner described in this Privacy Statement in effect when the data was collected from you. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our site. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will either notify you or place a prominent notice on our website. If at any point, we decided to use Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be given a choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your personally identifiable data, beyond that which was stated in this Privacy Statement at the time your data was collected.
Any portions of this policy are void to the extent they are prohibited by applicable law.
20. SOCIAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER PROTECTION POLICYAllergan may collect Social Identification numbers where legally required. Allergan has implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to help protect the Social Identification numbers from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. All Allergan workers are required to follow these established procedures, both online and offline. In particular:
- Access to Social Identification numbers is limited to those workers and service providers who have a need to access the data to perform tasks for Allergan. Social Identification numbers are only disclosed to third parties in accordance with Allergan’s established Privacy Statement.
- We will only disclose Social Identification numbers: (i) with those service providers, auditors, advisors, and/or successors in interest who are legally or contractually obligated to protect them, or (ii) as required or permitted by law.
21. HOW TO CONTACT US
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online at IR-PRIVACY@allergan.com. You can reach us via mail at the address below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
Attention: Global Privacy Office
500 – 85 Enterprise Blvd.
Markham, ON L6G 0B5